Today I am bringing you my August TBR. This post is going to be a little different though. In the month of August I decided to participate in 3 readathons. I know that’s crazy but I thought it would be fun to try. So instead of doing individual TBR posts I decided to combine them all into one post.
The Tome Topple Readathon TBR
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks (525 Pages)
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult (500 Pages
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon ( 850 Pages)
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (519 Pages)
The first readathon I am participating in is the Tome Topple Readathon created by Thoughts on Tomes. The readathon lasts for two weeks and will run from midnight in your time zone on August 4th to 11:59 in your time zone on August 17th. Basically you are going to read books that are 500+ pages (tomes). If you are interested in this readathon you can watch Tome Topple Readathon Round 4 | Announcement & TBR. There’s also a Tome Topple Twitter account you can follow for sprints and updates etcs.
7in7 Readathon TBR
- Ricochet by Krista and Becca Ritchie (260 Pages)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (310 Pages)
- 12 Hours in Paradise by Kathryn Berla (194 Pages)
- Cold Sober by Theresa Sopko (63 Pages)
- Heartborn by Terry Maggert ( ? Pages)
- I Am More Than A Day Dream by Jennae Cecelia (79 Pages)
- Dream Me by Kathryn Berla (258 Pages)
At the last minute I decided to participate in the 7in7 readathon. The goal for this readathon is t just read 7 books in 7 days. This readathon starts August 14th and ends August 20th. Check out the 7in7 Twitter account for hosts and more info.
The last readathon I am participating in is the Read-a-thin readathon. This readathon was created by Jessica, Amanda, and Chelsea. Click their links to see their TBR list. There’s also a Twitter account and a Goodreads group to go long with this readathon. I will leave a list of the rules and challenges from Jessica’s blog post. The goal of this readathon is to read books that you have had on your TBR for a while.
- You will have the entire month to read these books.
- The goal is to complete 6 challenges!
- You can double up on challenges. In other words, you can use one book for two different challenges!
- So you only have to read 3 books in a month to completely finish the readathon! Easy!
- Read a 2017 release
- Read a book that is the same color (or a similar color) as your birthstone
- Read a diverse book
- Read a book with a title or author with the same first letter as the first letter in your first name (the words “a” and “the” don’t count)
- Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
- Read a book starting with a letter from TBR (the word “the” doesn’t count)
- Read a book with a summer themed cover
- Read a book with a warm colored cover (orange, red, yellow, brown)
- Start and finish a series
- Read a book in 24 hours
- Read a new to you author
- Book with water on the cover
- Read a book set in summer
- Buddy read a book
- Read a book recommended to you by someone in the book community
- Read a guilty pleasure read
- Read an adult/new adult book
- Read a book outside of your favorite genre
The reason I wanted to include all of these in one post is because pretty much all the books I am reading for the other two readathons counts toward the read-a-thin readathon.
I am also going to be buddy reading A Wrinkle in Time Madeleine L’Engel ( with BookishBeauty. I don’t think this book counts toward any of the challenges though.
So I have a very ambitious TBR for August. I hope to read 12 books but I don’t see myself getting through all four of the tomes so maybe just hopefully 10 of them. Are you going to be participating in any of these readathons? If so, what do you plan on reading?