I normally don’t set resolutions or goals because I tend to always fail. However, last year I set a few goals (mostly bookish goals) and I actually managed to stick to most of them so I wanted to set a few for myself this year as well.
I created this spread in my bullet journal so I could write down my goals for each part of my life I wanted to work on. I have personal, financial, reading and blogging. Lets break it down and talk about a few things I want to focus on in each section.
- Wake up early: My husband works Monday-Friday so he wakes up at 6. I wake up with him but I always end up going back to sleep. I am not a morning person at all so I can sleep in pretty late. However when I sleep in I always end up waking up feeling like crap. So this year I really want to work on waking up by 7 and staying up at least during the week. I already kind of started this last year but I want to work on making it a habit everyday.
- More water/less Dr. Pepper: I’m pretty sure I have talked about this before on my blog but guys I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. I have tried to stop drinking so much Dr. Pepper multiple times but I always end up right back where I started because I can’t handle the bad headaches I tend to get when I stop drinking them. While I’m not planning on cutting them out completely I do want to try to cut back on them and not be so dependent on them.
- Skincare: My skin is horrible guys. I’m constantly getting breakouts and I have tried all kinds of stuff but nothing really seems to do much for me. Last year I looked into getting a facial but the place near me that does facials and massages wasn’t wheelchair accessible so I wasn’t able to go last year. Luckily they switched buildings and now they are wheelchair accessible. My goal is to finally get a facial. I’ve never had one done before so I am looking forward to this and maybe learning what I’m doing wrong (or right) with my skincare.
- Save Money: Me and my husband both are so ready to be able to get our own place again. I want to start putting $100+ into savings to help us get closer to our own place.
- Read 100 books: I’ve never read this many books in a year before but I think it will be fun to try.
- Classics: This is the one I failed at last year. I’ve dabbled in reading classics but for the most part I can’t get into them. I want to read more classics because I want to find one that I can say is a favorite. Pretty much everyone loves classics and they have certain ones that are their all time favorites and I want that.
- Read 24,000 pages: Last year I participated in the pages read challenge but didn’t reach my goal so I’ve decided to try again this year. I will be talking more about this challenge in a post later this week.
- Reread: Again last year I participated in a challenge called ReReadIt where we were supposed to reread 1 book a month. I only reread 4 so that was pretty much a fail. This year I have decided that I want to reread 5+ books from my 2017 favorites I might even include some from my 2016 favorites but we will see. My goal is only 5 but hopefully I can reread more than that.
- More followers: I want to try and get 800 followers. Is that achievable? Maybe. In the year and a half that I have been blogging I’ve gotten 439 followers which I still can’t believe that many people are interested in what little ole me has to say. I only need 361 more people to follow me and I will be able to reach this goal.
- Giveaway: Back in November I hosted my very first giveaway which turned out to be a huge fail because no one even entered it. That’s ok though because I still want to do more giveaways. I can’t afford a whole lot but I still want to give back to y’all for being so amazing. My first giveaway was US only so my goal is to host a giveaway that includes all of my international friends as well.
That’s all of my goals for 2018 so far. I’m sure I will think of other goals but I think this is a great start for the year.