August was a good month. At the beginning of the month I went to Tennessee to visit my family and you can read all about that trip here if you haven’t already. Also I had another successful reading month thanks to the Children’s Books Read-a-thon I participated in all month long. I have a lot to share with y’all this month so I am going to keep this intro really short. Lets jump right into what I read this month.
# of books read: 14
# of pages read: 2,152
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne (3 stars)
- Sir Chocolate and the Strawberry Cream Berries by Robbie and Michael Cheadle (4 stars)
- Sir Chocolate and the Baby Cookie Monster Story by Robbie and Michael Cheadle (4 stars)
- Sir Chocolate and the Sugar Dough Bees Story by Robbie and Michael Cheadle (4 stars)
- Sir Chocolate and the Condensed Milk River Story by Robbie and Michael Cheadle (4 stars)
- Sir Chocolate and the Sugar Crystal Caves Story by Robbie and Michael Cheadle (4 stars)
- UNSUB by Meg Gardiner (4.5 stars)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman (4 stars)
- F*king Awkward by Multiple authors (3.5 stars)
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White (4 stars)
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (4 stars)
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems (2 stars)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Ok first off I think this is the first time I have reviewed pretty much every book I read in the same month. Also I did read 14 books but I can’t talk about one of them because I was a beta reader for an author and the book isn’t out yet. Hopefully it will be out in October and I will be able to talk about it then. I didn’t stick to my TBR completely but I still managed to read more than I usually do so I am really happy with that. I am sitting here trying to decide what my favorite read was this month and I can’t choose between To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and UNSUB (Also the book I beta read but I can’t talk about it).
So I watched 2 adaptations this month, well 3 if you count Love, Simon but it was a rewatch as was The Greatest Showman. After buddy reading Coraline with Noriko we both ended up watching the movie as well. I finally read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before because I really wanted to watch the movie and you know I have to read the book first. Last up season 15 of NCIS became available on Netflix and I watched episodes 1-11. I’ve mentioned this on my blog before but NCIS is one of my all time favorite shows so when a season becomes available I tend to immediately start watching it. I really enjoyed everything I watched this month.
Been listening to some new music this month. I have to say that 9 times out of 10 I have never seen the music videos for the songs I am listening to until I do these posts so while I love the songs I don’t care for some of the music videos.
- Goodreads – 77/100 books read
- Pages Read – 22,174/24,000 pages read
- Alphabet Soup – 19/26 books read
And that’s a wrap!! I can’t believe we are already into September and my birthday and Christmas are only 3 months away. If things go to plan this month I will be completing one of my challenges but if not I still have plenty of time to complete it. How was August for you? What was your favorite read of the month? Did we read any of the same books? What have you been listening to this month?