October is finally over! I know a lot of y’all love October and Halloween but for personal reasons I don’t like the month or the holiday. That being said this month has actually been pretty good for me. I got approved for a physical ARC of a book by my all time favorite author, I completed my Goodreads goal for the year and I read 12 books. So yeah I would say this was a great month and the first time in a long time where I didn’t feel sad. Ok enough jabbering lets get to what y’all are here for.
# of books read: 12
# of pages read: 4,106
I read a pretty good amount of books this month and for once they weren’t all really short.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks (5 stars)
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Zoo 2 by James Patterson and Max DiLallo (4 stars)
- The Pirate’s Booty by Alex Westmore
- Academic Curveball by James J. Cudney (5 stars)
- Time’s Up, Afton by Brent Jones (4 stars)
- Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco (5 stars)
- Caleb’s Window by John J. Siefring (4 stars)
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Top 3 favorites
I of course could say that Harry Potter is a favorite but that goes without saying plus I wanted to go with books that I haven’t read before. None of these choices comes as a surprise to y’all I am sure. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author and in my opinion can do no wrong. I have been obsessed with the Stalking Jack the Ripper series since I started it earlier this year and James has become a favorite author of mine as well so I am sure y’all understand why these are my favorites.
- Goodreads – 101/100 books read
- Pages Read – 28,211/24,000 pages read
- Alphabet Soup – 22/26 books read
That’s a wrap on another month. As you can see I have completed all but one of my challenges and I plan to focus on that the next couple of months. How was your October? Did we read any of the same books? What was your favorite read of the month?