For someone who doesn’t really set goals every year I sure did set myself a lot of them for 2018. Now is the time where I find out how I did because for the most part I will set the goals and then forget about them until it’s time to reflect on them. So lets see how I did.
- Wake up early: So my plan was to wake up at 7 during the week and actually stay awake. Yeah technically this didn’t happen but I have started waking up a lot earlier than I used to. I used to sleep in until like 11 or 12 which I will admit I did a few times earlier in the year and I regretted it every time because I felt like crap. For the most part this year I have been waking up between 8 and 10 with the latest being 10:30. So while not exactly what my goal was I am still considering it a win but I do want to work on it some more and make it more consistent.
- Drink more water/Drink less Dr. Pepper: These next 2 go together. I am a Dr. Pepper addict. I know it’s bad for me especially how much I drink of it so I have tried several times to cut them out and have failed every time. If I don’t have them I get really bad headaches so I always go back to drinking them because I am a baby when it comes to headaches. So yes I once again failed at cutting out Dr. Pepper but I did start drinking more water so that was a win at least. I will say I have started trying to cut out Dr. Pepper again this month. I was drinking diet sodas instead but those were giving me even worse headaches so I had to stop drinking those. I’ve done good so far because I have only had 1 Dr. Pepper this month but these headaches sure are killing me.
- Skincare: I’ve never gotten a facial before and I really wanted to get one this year but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Maybe I can make it happen next year.
- Save Money: Yeah this was a big fail this year. Every time we tried to save money we always needed it for something.
- Read 100 books: This is one that I am extremely proud of. I have never read 100 books in 1 year and this year I have actually surpassed that. At the time of me writing this 12/17 I have read 113 books and the year isn’t even over yet.
- Classics: I wanted to continue reading classics because I was determined to find one that I could call a favorite and I have actually done that. I probably read about 5 classics this year maybe more I’m not really sure but my favorite so far is Anne of Green Gables.
- Read 24,000 pages: Again another one I have surpassed. As of November I have read 30,363 pages and I still have to add Decembers page count to it.
- Reread: So because I was running out of room on my little bookshelf I had to start packing the books that I have already read and putting them in storage to make room for more books so this is one goal that I am ok with failing.
- More followers: This is something that I don’t really pay a whole lot of attention to. I mean I love getting followers but that’s not what it’s all about for me. In 2017 I ended the year with 439 followers so I thought 800 followers in 2018 would be doable and as of right now at 6:54 pm on 12/17 I have 786 followers. I still have 2 weeks left in the year so I could still hit 800 but if not that’s ok to because it’s still a win for me in my book.
- Giveaway: I did host a giveaway this year but unfortunately it was another one that didn’t include my international followers which was the one thing I wanted to do. Unfortunately this year our financial stability has been all over the place but I promise as soon as I am financially stable enough I will do an international giveaway.
So I would say I was successful at half of my goals for the year which I am pretty happy with. I think I had more success with my reading goals then any of the other goals. How did you do with your goals for the year?