I’m continuing with my challenge update posts today. I’m going to be talking about Beat the Backlist. This is the second time I have attempted this challenge. The first time a couple years ago was a complete fail. Lets see if this year looks like it’s going to be a fail or a success.
I set my goal for this challenge at 25 books and I even made a TBR of 25 books I wanted to get to. I will leave that list down below and then after that I will share the books I have actually read. Here we go!
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (2015)
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover (2018)
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (2017)
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2012)
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth (2013)
- The One by Kiera Cass (2014)
- The Heir by Kiera Cass (2015)
- The Crown by Kiera Cass (2016)
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen (2018)
- Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris (2018)
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (2013)
- Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks (2016)
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult (2005)
- After You by Jojo Moyes (2016)
- Meet Cute by various authors (2018)
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (2015)
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (2016)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (2009)
- Every Day by David Levithan (2012)
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (2016)
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (2018)
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (2004)
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (2007)
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (2013)
- Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly (2017)
I also decided to participate in the bingo challenge for this as well. I haven’t been keeping up with this so we will learn together how I am doing.
So out of my original TBR I have only read 3 of those which I made bold above. I have however read so much more and have actually already surpassed my goal of 25 by reading 37 books. I’m going to continue with this and hopefully read more of the books I originally wanted to read. I’m also doing really well with my bingo board. I didn’t have any goals with this one but I have 1 bingo already and I’m close to getting more so maybe I can fill the whole board by the end of the year. So yeah I would already call this a success even though I deviated from my TBR.
Are you participating in this challenge? How are you doing so far?