First I want to thank Lisa for the nomination! This is the 24th time I have been nominated for this award and I am loving it so thank you again Lisa that was very sweet of you.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
What was the last book you strongly disliked?
I’m going to have to say The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken. I read this entire series this year and I loved all of them including the novellas but strongly disliked this one for multiple reasons.
How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
I rate books on how much I enjoyed it and how invested I was in the book not so much the technical aspect of the writing.
5 Stars: Loved it
4 Stars: Really liked it
3 Stars: It was ok I liked it but I wasn’t blown away by it
2 Stars: Didn’t like it
1 Star: DNFed
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
I mostly just eat pepperoni and cheese but I will also eat them with peppers and onions every once in a while.
Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
I have always said I need equal parts of both but now I think I lean more towards a great plot.
How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
I’m not sure when this post will be going up but as of when I am writing this 9/23 I don’t have any books going at the moment but I will be starting Jake’s Redemption by Jamie Schulz hopefully tonight.
What was the last book review you posted?
Again as of today 9/23 the last book I reviewed was Six Goodbyes We Never Said by Candace Ganger.
Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
I read a little bit of everything but I think I tend to lean more toward YA.
Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
I can’t think of any author I am not willing to give a try at least once.
What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
I love seeing everyone represented but I would definitely like to see more characters like me. I am a double amputee (legs) and I am in a wheelchair. I think I have read 2 books that included amputees but they weren’t the focus of the book. Also if you know of any books with amputees please let me know in the comments.
Do you listen to music while reading?
No! I can’t listen to music while I am reading because is distracts me. When I read most of the time I listen to ocean sounds. If I am home alone I will just read in silence.
Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?
I am going to have to say Twitter. I feel like I am really awful at taking pictures so I don’t enjoy it as much but I have been posting on Instagram more often lately.
There’s no obligations I just wanted to share the love.
Ok so I am too lazy to come up with 11 questions of my own and I really enjoyed the ones Lisa had me answer so I am passing them on to my nominees.
- What was the last book you strongly disliked?
- How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
- How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
- What was the last book review you posted?
- Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
- Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
- What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
- Do you listen to music while reading?
- Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?