I usually do tags on Thursdays but I’ve been really lazy the past few weeks with everything in my life so I have kind of slacked and fallen behind on so many things. I did the Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag last year but I decided to do it again this year to see if anything has changed. I’m going to be answering the questions based on 2019 only. I was tagged by the amazing Luna from BookishLuna. I just realized she was the one who tagged me in this last year as well so thanks so much Luna!! If you aren’t already following her I give you permission to leave this post to go and give her a follow just please come back when you do.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag & link me/this post (Jenn) (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people! (not tagging anyone because I don’t know whose done it already and I’m being miss lazy bones)
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Nice – While I have gotten ARCs that I haven’t reviewed yet this year it’s only because the reviews aren’t due yet so yay me.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Naughty – I have been staying off of NetGalley since last year because I have fallen behind on those books. My feedback ratio right now is 59% so yeah I’m horrible. Maybe this should be a 2020 goal for me?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Nice – I usually post my reviews on my blog before I share them on Goodreads so nope not done this this year.
4. Folded down the page of a book
Nice – I stopped doing this a long time ago. I always use bookmarks or something else if I don’t have a bookmark handy.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
Nice – I haven’t spilled anything on any books this year however I have accidently dropped one of my books in my dogs water bowl this year but that wasn’t the question so I’m counting this as nice.
6. DNF a book this year
Nice – I haven’t DNFed anything this year which isn’t surprising because I hardly ever DNF books. I have no issues with DNFing books I’ve just gotten pretty good at picking books I will at least end up liking enough to finish it.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Nice – I have bought a specific edition of a book solely because of the cover but I have every intention of reading it.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
Nice – I am the opposite I tend to do other things when I should be reading.
9. Skim read a book
Nice – I can’t do this. I am so afraid of missing something important so I read every single word.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Nice – I have surpassed my Goodreads goal this year. My goal for 2019 was 100 books and as of right now I’ve read 114
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
Nice – I have books out right now that I haven’t returned yet but they will be returned when I run out of time. I am really on top of when my library books are due. I tend to freak out if I think I’ve forgotten to return them on time.
12. Broke a book buying ban
Nice – I don’t set myself book buying bans because I know I will fail so I don’t see the point in them for me personally.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Naughty – I do this all of the time. If I leave my reviews for more than a day I forget what I want to say about the book because my memory is awful.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Nice – I haven’t done this this year but I have thought about it but I just can’t bring myself to do it.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Nice – Technically I have done this this year but it’s only because the book I read isn’t on Goodreads so that’s not my fault. I keep up with my reading on Goodreads all of the time.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
Nice – I don’t have any friends that read so there are no books to borrow.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Nice – Again no friends that read so this isn’t an issue for me.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
Nice – I only borrow from the library and most times the books are already in rough shape when I get them. I try to always be carful with books that aren’t mine. I’m careful with mine to just more so with others.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
Nice – I do take the jacket off when I read but I haven’t messed up a book doing so.
20. Sat on a book accidentally
Nice – I never lay my books in my seat. I usually put them on my bookshelf which is right next to my chair.
Final Score 2/20
Down 1 from last year so it looks like I am on the nice list for the second year in a row!!