We are over a quarter of the way through the year now so it’s time for me to do a quarterly check-in on my challenges for the year. I have 10 challenges I decided to participate in this year so lets see how I am doing so far. I am not going to go to in depth about each challenge in this post but if you want to know more about them you can click here. I am just going to be talking about my progress from January-March so lets see how I am doing.
1.) The StoryGraph/Goodreads Reading Challenge
Between January and March I have read 34 books. I have since read more but I have been ahead of schedule from the start so that is a plus. If I slack off in a month I will have a little bit of leeway. I am also pretty sure I have reviewed everything I have read so far as well.
2.) Bookbloggers 2021 Fiction Reading Challenge #BB2021FRC created by Lynne from Fictionophile
While I’m not really behind on this challenge I would have liked to have had more progress with it. So far I have only read one of the books from this list. I still have plenty of time to read the remaining 7 lets just hope I have more of an update on this one in the next quarter.
- title contains a man/boys name: Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- title contains the name of an animal: Sparrow by L.J. Shen
- title contains the name of a season: Winter by Marissa Meyer
- title contains the word secret or secrets: The Secret Note by Lauren Rowe
- title contains a number: Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks
- title refers to time (hours, minutes etc.): Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
- title refers to a body of water: Sea Scope by Debbie De Louise
- title contains the name of a bird: Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
3.) What’s In A Name Reading Challenge hosted by Andrea from Carolina Book Nook
So between January and March I have only read one book for this challenge as well which again it’s not like I am failing at it but I would have liked to have more progress with this one as well. Again hopefully I will have a better update next quarter.
In 2021, choose 6 books that have titles that contain a:
- One/1 (ex. One Second After; The 100): The One by Kiera Cass
- Doubled word (ex. In a Dark, Dark Wood; Wolf by Wolf): Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks
- Reference to outer space (ex. The Fault in Our Stars): All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- Possessive noun (ex. The Zookeeper’s Wife): The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- Botanical word (ex. The Language of Flowers; The Sandalwood Tree): Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- Article of clothing (ex. Bossypants): Little Black Dress, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
4.) Husband Picks
I have only read one book from this list so far. I did start Roseblood but decided to hold off on reading that one until later this year because I wasn’t in the mood for it. A little progress is better than none I guess.
- Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost
- Slayer by Kiersten White
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
5.) The NetGalley Reading Challenge
I am doing really well with this challenge. I started the year off with 11 books on my NetGalley shelf and I have been reading 1 a month. I have already read a book for April but that doesn’t count yet.
- The Love Scam by MaryJanice Davidson
- Tangled Threat by Heather Graham
- The Wrong Kind of Love by Lexi Ryan
- Extinction of All Children by L.J. Epps
- Journey to Territory M by L.J. Epps
- Journey to Territory U by L.J. Epps
- The Lost Wife by Anna Mansell
- Guilty by Laura Elliot
- Baby Doll by Hollie Overton
- Beautifully Broken by Laura Lee
- The Inevitable Collision of Birdie and Bash by Candace Ganger
6.) 21 Books In 2021
I’m doing better with this one than I thought I was. I have read 3 books from this list which is pretty good but I really need to step it up with this challenge because before I know it I am going to be falling behind on it.
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller
- A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
- The One by Kiera Cass
- The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh
- The Edge of Great by Micol Ostow
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes
- Love & Lock by Jenna Evans Welch
- Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Marry Ann Shaffer
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
7.) Beat the Backlist #BeatTheBacklist #BeatTheBacklist2021 #BTB2021 Hosted by Austine & Katie from Novel Knight
My goal for this one was to read 25 backlist books. I didn’t set a TBR for this one. So far I have read 28 backlist books and of those 28 books 18 of them were books that I owned. So I have already completed this challenge in the first 3 months of the year which is amazing because I have never been able to complete this challenge before. I am still going to keep up with this challenge and see how much more I manage to read for it.
8.) Buzzword Readathon/Reading Challenge created by Kayla from BooksandLala
My goal for this one was to just read one book a month that fit the prompt so at this point I should have read 3 books but I have only read 2. Unfortunately I didn’t get around to reading the book for March but that’s ok.
- January (dream) Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
- February (a color) Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
- March (time) As Old As Time by Liz Braswell
- April (space/galaxy terms) All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- May (house/home) Hometown Girl by Courtney Walsh
- June (name/title) The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
- July (last) The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- August (time of day) Midnight Sun by Stephani Meyer
- September (dark) A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- October (elements) Sea Scope by Debbie De Louise
- November (lost) The Lost Wife by Anna Mansell
- December (day/month/season) Winter by Marissa Meyer
I am loving participating in this book club. We read one book a month and so far I have read every one of the books. They have picked the next three books so I shared those below. I need to check and make sure I am able to get all of them from Scribd. That’s the thing with this book club so long as I am able to get my hands on the book somehow without having to buy it I will read it otherwise I might have to skip it.
- January – Royally Screwed by Emma Chase
- February – Reign of the King by Rina Kent
- March – The Chase by Elle Kennedy
- April – Voyeur by Fiona Cole
- May –Managed by Kristen Callihan
- June – Black Lace by Beverly Jenkins
- July –
- August –
- September –
- October –
- November –
- December –
10.) 20 Books of Summer created by Cathy from 746Books
This challenge hasn’t even happened yet. I am pretty sure it usually takes place from June 1st through September 1st so I have time to decide what I want to read and if I want to shoot for 20 books or less.
There we go that is all of the progress I have made on all of the challenges I decided to participate in this year. For the first 3 months of the year I think I am doing really well. Did you sign up for any challenges this year? How are you doing with them so far?